Tuesday, February 10, 2015

WIP's

Here are a few works in progress, as if i needed to start any more new projects... Scrappy Hexie's can be found in the march/april issue of McCall's quilting, this quilt was designed by Bea Lee. I love that it is scrappy and i have hope after making a half dozen blocks that this will be my first success working with scrap fabric. I believe my success is due to the fact that each block is done in the similar colour way, this is the perfect project to do now and then as, all fabrics can find a home in this quilt design, i was surprised at how quickly the block came together and I had so much fun choosibg the fabrics for each block. Choosing fabric had become a little intimidating for me, so this quilt is giving me back my confidence with colour and for that i am grateful, Thank you Bea.
From now on, i am going to try to pick out a few fabrics, neutral background fabrics and then some fabrics that are similar in colour, like red-orange-pink or blue-greens, then whenever i want to try making a new quilt block i will have my go to fabrics already there and then, eventually i would have a quilt top, instead of what i am currently faced with, a drawer of mis-matching quilt blocks who remain orphans after failing many an audition on the design wall... what will i do with all these poor babies?

No comments:

Post a Comment