Saturday, August 30, 2014

My first quilt

This is my very first quilt, i made in the end of 2012..or possibly in 2013 ? The date on the label is covered by binding. As you can see, i lost all the points while squaring up the quilt in the end. I was so proud of its squareness that i did not fret too much about the lost points. This is why it is so important to square up each block prior to piecing. I am a bit of a perfectionist, so one would think that this quilt would disturb me beyond measure, Odd as this may be, this quilt still hangs in my living room. I find the colors to be very soothing and perhaps the fabrics are its saving grace as i still enjoy the odd glance at it. Despite its many flaws , i still enjoy it. Maybe it serves as a reminder that perfection is not my aim, even though it is something i strive for. It is a reminder that perfection is not necessary to wholeness or completion. It is a nice reminder of my progress as i can see where i have improved since then, i hope to continue improving and learning , a special thanks to all who post tutorials, to which enabled me to learn this skill in the comfort of my own home in my own time, no need for a sitter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment